Bundle of Laundry – UK bureaucrats fight a fatal Brexitby Bundle Operator Tuesday 28 June 2016
The stars were right for this revival, because Charles Stross had just published his new Laundry novel, The Nightmare Stacks (Amazon Kindle edition), and last year’s The Annihilation Score came out in paperback (and you can still get its Kindle edition). The Laundry RPG is a great introduction to this ever-sprawling bureaucracy. The roleplaying game, by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan (Mongoose Traveller, The One Ring, PARANOIA) and others, adapts Chaosium’s Basic Role-Playing engine (seen in Call of Cthulhu and many other games), adding new rules for “computational sorcery.”
There were two books in our Starter Collection (retail value $40): the complete 288-page Laundry core rulebook (retail price $25) and the indispensable Agent’s Handbook (retail $15), both as DRM-free, non-watermarked .PDF ebooks. Those who paid more than the threshold price regained Sanity and also got our entire Bonus Collection with five more supplements (retail value $75):
- Black Bag Jobs (retail $15): Six self-contained missions ranging from the war-torn hillsides of Afghanistan to the corridors of power in Whitehall, from yoga lessons in Devon to the end of the world.
- Cultists Under the Bed (retail $15): Eight of the nastiest, most tenacious foes of the Laundry, plus dozens of minor ones.
- God Game Black (retail $15): Use the revelations of The Apocalypse Codex novel to send your games hurtling towards Armageddon.
- License to Summon (retail $15): The dark side of Computational Demonology and arcane science in the Laundry, as well as the magic of other agencies — and other entities. New spells, new gadgets, new ways to end the world!
- The Mythos Dossiers (retail $15): Dozens of reports, handouts, eyewitness accounts, and deranged speculations from the murkier reaches of the Laundry’s archives.