1. WORLDBUILDER’S TOOLKIT 6Along with many gamemastering .PDF ebooks from Absolute Tabletop, Dicegeeks, and Kenzer & Company, this Toolkit 6 lineup featured Hex Kit, Cecil Howe’s award-winning desktop software (for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux) that lets you quickly and easily create hex maps for your RPG worlds.
There were seven DRM-free titles in this offer’s Starter Collection (retail value $40):
- The basic Hex Kit software package from Cone of Negative Energy that makes it easy to create your own black-and-white campaign hex maps (provided in Windows, Mac, and Linux versions)
- Kenzer & Company’s Trove of Treasure Maps
- Absolute Tabletop’s Be a Better Weapon Master
- And all four volumes of Dicegeek’s Book of Random Tables series — Book of Random Tables Volume 1 , Random Tables 2, Random Tables 3, and Random Tables 4
- Two full-color tilesets for Hex Kit — Fantasyland and Travelling Through Dangerous Scenery
- Kenzer’s excellent Villain Design Handbook and Deadly Trappings
- Three more Absolute Tabletop guides — Be a Better Weapon Master 2, Battle Master, and Faction Master
- From Dicegeeks, The Game Master’s Terrain Guide
- And Aaron A. Reed’s neat rules for generating open-ended adventures in stupendously vast underground cavern systems, Downcrawl
2. WORLDBUILDER’S TOOLKIT 3
The revived Toolkit 3 presented ebooks that help you create entire roleplaying settings from scratch, prepare play sessions, and improvise when players hare off in new directions.
[from Dec 2015]
There were three titles in this revived offer’s Starter Collection (retail value $40): Never Unprepared, where Gnome Stew‘s Phil Vecchione shows how to prepare games faster, avoid pitfalls, and have a more relaxed kind of fun; and two volumes in the Magical Society series from Expeditious Retreat Press — Ecology and Culture (map your world using tectonics, ecological conflict, and historical patterns of cultural development) and Silk Road (next, develop realistic overland trade routes and a trade system with over 1,000 goods).
This offer’s entire Bonus Collection added five more titles worth an additional $52.50:
- Unframed – The Art of Improvisation for Gamemasters: Improvise like a — like a — uh, well, like someone who thinks really fast with these essays from Jason Morningstar, Emily Care Boss, Robin D. Laws, and others.
- Gamemastering Secrets: This treatise on becoming an amazing GM covers everything from choosing a game system to closing out a long-running campaign. Featuring articles by Matt Forbeck, Kenneth Hite, and other star designers, with Dork Tower comic strips by John Kovalic.
- An Echo, Resounding: Kevin Crawford (Stars Without Number) gives practical tools to create empires, run mass combats, and transform ordinary adventurers into monarchs.
- GM Mastery: NPC Essentials: Johnn Four of RoleplayingTips.com shows how to inject life into your nonplayer characters.
- On the Naming of Places: Another treatise in the Magical Society series.