In late January 2015 we delved into the history of the roleplaying field with a collection called Designers, Dragons, and More. Whether you’re new to RPGs and looking for recommendations, or a grognard feeling nostalgic, you’ll enjoy this survey of our greatest games and their origins. Our starter collection (retail value $35) included these three DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Designers & Dragons: The ’70s (retail value $10): The first volume in Shannon Appelcline’s newly expanded four-volume history of RPG publishers, covering Dungeons & Dragons, the turbulent history of TSR, and the first generation of RPGs.
- Family Games: The 100 Best (retail $10): A hundred famed designers choose their favorite games: Blokus, Can’t Stop, Gloom, Kill Dr. Lucky, Prince Valiant, and dozens more.
- 40 Years of Gen Con (retail $15): Robin D. Laws presents a photo-filled anecdotal reminiscence of the hobby’s leading US convention. It’s the best four decades in gaming!
Customers who paid more than the threshold price got our entire bonus collection (retail value $40):
- Hobby Games: The 100 Best (retail $10): From Amber Diceless Roleplaying to Wiz-War, a hundred leading designers praise their favorites.
- Designers & Dragons: The ’80s (retail $10): GURPS, West End, Palladium, Champions, and much more.
- Designers & Dragons: The ’90s (retail $10): World of Darkness, Wizards of the Coast, Warhammer 40K, Atlas Games, and more.
- Designers & Dragons: The ’00s (retail $10): D20, Pathfinder, the indies, and (yes) Evil Hat.