The Bundle of Nerves presented a wide selection of indie RPGs with scares of many kinds, from Kafkaesque psychological terror to slasher flicks. Our Starter Collection (retail value $25.50) included five titles as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Don’t Rest Your Head (Evil Hat Productions, retail $5): The classic indie RPG by Fred Hicks of insomniacs with superpowers, fighting exhaustion and madness to stay awake for just one more night in the Mad City.
- Dread (Impossible Dream, retail $3): The suspense RPG that uses a Jenga tower.
- Kingdom of Nothing (Galileo Games, retail $7.50): The people who lost everything and slipped through the cracks into the Forgotten Places, where the Nothing manifests their fears as twisted monsters.
- Murderous Ghosts and Murderous Ghosts: Northampton State Hospital (Trauma Games, retail $5 each): Vincent Baker’s cutthroat two-player RPG of cat-and-mouse pursuit. The Northampton State Hospital version debuted in this offer.
- The Demolished Ones (Rite Publishing, retail $13): Brian Engard’s Victorian noir, steampunk, Lovecraftian horror, murder-mystery, quest-for-identity, Fate-based adventure.
- Don’t Lose Your Mind (Evil Hat Productions, retail $10) and Don’t Read This Book (retail $5): Twenty-six new Madness Talents for Don’t Rest Your Head, plus 13 forbidden tales from the Mad City edited by Chuck Wendig.
- The Final Girl (Gas Mask Games, retail $8): Bret Gillan’s fast, low-prep game of slasher-flick action. The Final Girl is sold exclusively in this offer and nowhere else.
- Ocean (Atarashi Games, retail $10): Jake (Tokyo Brain Pop) Richmond’s GM-less survival/mystery story game set in an abandoned underwater research station.
- Spookybeans (Chapter 13 Press, retail $10): A morbidly funny comic-book world in the goth vein of Charles Addams and Tim Burton.