Our Starter Collection included three titles (retail value $62) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- A Magical Society: Ecology and Culture and A Magical Society: Silk Road (Expeditious Retreat Press, total retail $52): Map your world using tectonics, ecological conflict, and historical patterns of cultural development. Then develop realistic overland trade routes and a trade system with over 1,000 goods — everything from owlbear skins to adamantium.
- Never Unprepared (Engine Publishing, retail price $10): Gnome Stew‘s Phil Vecchione shows how to prepare games faster, avoid pitfalls, and have a more relaxed kind of fun. (Previously presented in the August 2013 Bundle of Holding +5.)
- Unframed – The Art of Improvisation for Gamemasters (Engine Publishing, retail $10): Improvise like a — like a — uh, well, like someone who thinks really fast with these essays from Jason Morningstar, Emily Care Boss, Robin D. Laws, and others.
- Gamemastering Secrets (Grey Ghost Press, retail $18): This 2002 treatise (on becoming an amazing GM) debuts in .PDF in this offer. Aaron Rosenberg and guest contributors cover everything from choosing a game system to closing out a long-running campaign. Featuring articles by Matt Forbeck, Kenneth Hite, and other star designers, with Dork Tower comic strips by John Kovalic.
- An Echo, Resounding (Sine Nomine Publishing, retail $10): Kevin Crawford (Stars Without Number) gives practical tools to create empires, run mass combats, and transform ordinary adventurers into monarchs.
- GM Mastery: NPC Essentials (RPGObjects, retail $10): Johnn Four of RoleplayingTips.com shows how to inject life into your nonplayer characters.
- A Magical Medieval Society: On the Naming of Places (Expeditious Retreat Press, retail $9): Create interesting and believable location names for your campaign with this extensive list.