The successor to the original Changeling: The Dreaming, Lost is a much bleaker yet more imaginative game of “beautiful madness.” Stolen from your home, twisted by the power of Faerie, you survived in Arcadia as the Others’ slave or pet — but you never forgot where you came from. Now you’ve escaped through the Hedge back to our realm — to a home that’s no longer yours. With your motley of friends, your freehold, and your magic, you’ll build a new life in a world filled with incredible marvels and perils.
This collection included the 2007 First Edition of Changeling: The Lost and almost the entire Lost line, plus the complete World of Darkness First Edition rulebook required for play. There were five titles in our Player’s Collection (retail value $74):
- World of Darkness First Edition (retail price $15): The complete 226-page core rulebook (2004) of modern urban horror that underpins Changeling: The Lost and the other Chronicles of Darkness settings (Vampire: The Requiem, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Hunter: The Vigil, and more).
- Changeling: The Lost (retail $20): The complete 352-page Storytelling game of the escapees from Faerie and their struggles in the modern world. Includes the free demo kit Dwelling in Darkness with quick-start rules and pregenerated characters.
- Swords at Dawn (retail $17): Changeling duels and warfare, Talecrafting and the workings of Fate, artifacts and relics, and the Court of the Dawn.
- Rites of Spring (retail $17): The first of the “seasonal sourcebooks,” all about changeling life, the Hedge, and Fae magic. As for the other three seasons — keep reading!
- Personae: Ready-Made-Characters (retail $5): Jump-start your chronicle with these detailed Changeling player characters.
- Dancers in the Dusk (retail $17): The realms of dream and nightmare, Hedge-towns and hobgoblins, new Contracts and Entitlements, and the Dusk Court.
- Lords of Summer, Autumn Nightmares, and Winter Masques (retail $17 each): These three “seasonal” sourcebooks cover the Courts and their noble Entitlements, freeholds, enemies and antagonists, and the Seemings and Kiths that shape a changeling’s life.
- Goblin Markets (retail $7): The dangerous magical bazaars of the bizarre where changelings make deals and find plot hooks.
- Victorian Lost (retail $9): The late 19th-Century sourcebook for London changelings in a time of sharp class divisions.
- Glimpses of the Unknown (retail $6): Plot hooks for all the Chronicles of Darkness settings.
- Night Horrors: Grim Fears (retail $15): Highly individual antagonists that can each spawn an entire adventure.
- Changeling: The Lost Storyteller Screen (retail $2): Useful reference charts.