Originally published in 1991, Vampire launched the Classic World of Darkness setting that eventually encompassed hundreds of titles. In 2011, to mark two decades since Vampire‘s debut, Onyx Path produced a massive 529-page full-color rulebook, the first Classic World of Darkness book and Masquerade book to be released since the cancellation of those lines in 2004. Targeting devoted players familiar with the original game, V20 assumes broad knowledge of the “metaplot” that drove the cWoD line, but tweaks the original events to improve their usefulness. In this edition, Gehenna hasn’t happened (yet) and the metaplot belongs to the players. The presentation is setting-agnostic, allowing individual Storytellers to choose which metaplot events have occurred and which haven’t: the Assamite schism, Gangrel leaving the Camarilla, etc. V20 cleans up the original Vampire rules and brings the 1990s Goth-Punk setting up to date.
This bargain-priced collection — a follow-up to our February 2015 Vampire Bundle featuring the Second Edition rules — presented the V20 corebook and many of its Kickstarter-funded supplements. It’s everything you need for a V20 campaign of personal horror in our horrific modern time.
There were five titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $54), including the complete V20 core rulebook (retail value $30), the V20 Storyteller’s Screen (retail $2) and Companion (retail $10), the adventure Dust to Dust (retail $7), and the V20 Ready-Made Characters (retail $5) with 13 ready-to-play vampires from all the Clans.
Those who paid more than the threshold (average) price also got our entire Storyteller’s Collection with seven more titles worth an additional $65:
- Anarchs Unbound (retail $15): A revisitation of the old Anarch Cookbook that makes these revolutionaries capable and terrifying.
- The Hunters Hunted II (retail $16): Revised and updated for V20, this seminal World of Darkness book looks at the mortals around the world who hunt or study the Kindred.
- Dread Names, Red List (retail $15): The throughly updated Kindred Most Wanted Red List of the Camarilla’s deadliest enemies.
- Children of the Revolution (retail $15): Biographies of 18 Kindred who were Embraced in difficult times.
- Vampire Translation Guide (retail $4): How to convert the Masquerade to Vampire: the Requiem and vice-versa.
- Of Predators & Prey (retail $3): A fiction anthology — nine stories that explore the world of The Hunter Hunted II.
- The Making of the Art of Children of the Revolution (retail $5): The stories behind the illustrations.
Ten percent of each payment (after gateway fees) went to this offer’s designated charity, the RPG Creators Relief Fund. The RCRF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides financial assistance to tabletop roleplaying game creators who encounter hardship due to medical emergencies, natural disasters, and other catastrophes.