Since its 1992 publication, Over the Edge has become a cult classic. Devious secret agents, subtle alien invasions, ancient conspiracies, the secret of human nature, drooling psychopaths, weird science — the surreal undercurrents of William Burroughs, Philip K. Dick, and David Lynch have come to roleplaying, and Over the Edge can take you where you’ve never been before. OTE players take a reality-bending head-trip of power games and mind games, supernatural designer drugs and shifting loyalties. A pivot-point in roleplaying history, Over the Edge showed what an atmospheric setting could achieve. In this revival we once again presented the 1997 Over the Edge Second Edition rulebook along with a comprehensive collection of supplements that give you everything you need for your own OTE campaign.
There were four titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $43) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Over the Edge (retail price $18): The complete 241-page Second Edition rulebook (1997) by Jonathan Tweet (D&D 3e, 13th Age, Ars Magica) and Robin D. Laws (the GUMSHOE System, Hillfolk, Feng Shui).
- Over the Edge Players’ Survival Guide (retail $9): Jonathan Tweet’s 80-page compendium lets you survive, if not thrive, in Al Amarja.
- At Your Service (retail $10): A 110-page Al Amarjan location sourcebook.
- Pierced Heart (retail $6): The thrilling Over the Edge novel by Robin D. Laws.
- Weather the Cuckoo Likes (retail $10): This landmark early sourcebook about the Cut-Ups conspiracy, marked by terrific writing and inventive new rules, put Robin D. Laws on the gaming map.
- Wildest Dreams (retail $7): This sourcebook about the supernatural drug Nightmare was the first collaboration by the designers who later created Unknown Armies.
- Cloaks (retail $9): Jonathan Tweet’s sourcebook about Al Amarjan secret agents — being hunted by them, and being them.
- Friend or Foe? (retail $7): Thirty-four Game Moderator characters who would never, ever backstab you. How could you even think that?
- Forgotten Lives (retail $10): Six OtE scenarios ideal for launching or rounding out your campaign.
- Unauthorized Broadcast (retail $2.50): Robin Laws returns with this short scenario about an outlaw drug that broadcasts your inmost thoughts.
- WaRPed Adventures – Invasion (retail $2): A far-flung adventure of psychic dislocation by Robin Laws using the open-license WaRP System derived from Over the Edge.
If you missed this offer, get ready — in 2018 Atlas Games launches a Kickstarter campaign to fund a new Third Edition of Over the Edge. Sign up to get notified!