Cyberpunk‘s world of corporate assassins, heavy metal heroes, and brainburning cyberhackers inspired the forthcoming CD Projekt Red videogame Cyberpunk 2077. As the C2020 back cover puts it: “The Corps control the world from their skyscraper fortresses, enforcing their rule with armies of cyborg assassins. On the Street, boostergangs roam a shattered urban wilderness, killing and looting. The rest of the world is a perpetual party, as fashion-model techies in the hottest clubs rub biosculpt jobs with battle-armored roadwarriors. The future never looked so bad — but you can change it. You’ve got interface plugs in your wrists, weapons in your arms, lasers in your eyes, and biochips in your brain. You go where only the toughest and coolest can — because you’re cyberpunk.”
These two big collections presented everything you need for a life on the fatal Edge where attitude is everything. Warm up your cyberwear and faxprinter, grab your mirrorshades and Dai Lung Magnum, tell the ripperdoc to stand by, and hit Night City’s mean streets and hot clubs in the unimaginably faraway future of AD 2020.
1. Cyberpunk 2020
The new scans of the .PDF ebooks in this revived Cyberpunk 2020 Bundle were much improved from its original June 2017 run, and they’re all bookmarked. Purchasers of the original run got the improved ebooks on their Wizard’s Cabinet download page.
[revived from June 2017]
There were six titles in this revived offer’s Player Collection (retail value $48) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Cyberpunk 188.8.131.52 Second Edition: The core 1993 rulebook for this quintessentially ’90s RPG of high-tech lowlifes.
- Four role guides that add options for individual character classes: Solo of Fortune (mercenaries), Protect & Serve (law enforcement), Wild Side (fixers), and Rockerboy (rock’n’roll will never die!).
- Blackhand’s Street Weapons 2020: The big book of guns and every kind of armament.
- Night City: One of the best city sourcebooks for Cyberpunk or any modern-day RPG, this jam-packed 180-page sourcebook covers Cyberpunk‘s signature urban sprawl.
- Chrome Compilation 1-2 and Chrome Compilation 3-4: These trendsetting styleguides to the equipment and fashion of 2020 were called “Chromebooks” before we got laptops.
- Three 2020 worldbooks that look at life on the edge outside the US: Pacific Rim Sourcebook, Eurosource Plus, and Rough Guide to the UK.
- Deep Space: Escape the polluted Earth for the high frontier of Paradise Station, Chryse Base, and beyond.
- Rache Bartmoss’s Guide to the Net: Rache Bartmoss (the world’s greatest netrunner) is dead — which finally gives him time to write this acidulous, gonzo-journalist tour of the information superhighway.
- Land of the Free and Home of the Brave: Two linked supplements on fallen America. Home of the Brave covers NPCs, plot hooks, and more from this fractured union. Land of the Free presents a sprawling road-trip campaign.
- Listen Up, You Primitive Screwheads!: The unexpurgated Cyberpunk referee’s guide with some of the best GM advice for this or any RPG.
2. Cyberpunk Boost [all-new]The all-new Cyberpunk Boost presented ebooks of Cyberpunk V3.0 (the 2005 Third Edition), Cybergeneration, and many supplements and sourcebooks — two of them debuting in .PDF in this offer.
There were four titles in this offer’s Starter Collection (retail value $37.50), including the Cybergeneration 2E core rulebook, set in an alternate 2027 where heroic CyberEvolved youths fight the Machine; the two Firestorm adventures of the Fourth Corporate War, Stormfront and Shockwave; and, debuting in .PDF in this offer, the newly remastered Cyberpunk 2020 Data Screen and its introductory adventure, “When the Chips Are Down.”
This offer’s Bonus Collection added eleven more titles worth an additional $78:
- Cyberpunk V3.0: The complete 291-page Third Edition core rulebook (2005) and its very useful FlashPak accessory.
- All three Cybergeneration “Documents of the Revolution” sourcebooks: EcoFront, MediaFront, and VirtualFront.
- When Gravity Fails, the licensed Cyberpunk 2020 supplement based on the Marîd Audran novels by George Alec Effinger.
- Three C2020 books: the NeoTribes sourcebook, the full-length adventure Eurotour: Danger & Death on a Euro-Rock Tour, and the nonplayer character collection Edgerunners Inc.
- Bartmoss’s Brainware Blowout, an exuberant compilation of all the cyberware from every C2020 book plus lots of dangerous new stuff.
- Tales from the Forlorn Hope (retail $6): A collection of eight adventures set in a bar for Edgerunning veterans of the savage SouthAm wars.