In July 2021 Cubicle 7 renewed its license for the long-running RPG based on the BBC’s Doctor Who TV show. Published from 2013 to 2019, all these game supplements and adventures are 100% compatible with the brand-new Doctor Who: The Roleplaying Game Second Edition, AKA “Thirteenth Doctor Edition,” which debuted in .PDF shortly before these offers launched. (For discussion of the new edition, see the RPG.net forum thread “Doctor Who RPG Second Edition is out!“)
1. DOCTOR WHO RPG (from Dec 2018)This December 2018 Doctor Who RPG Bundle had the 2015 core rulebook and many supplements, sourcebooks, and adventures. If you’re new to the game, start with these books. Embark on your own adventures across time and space as the Doctor (in any of the first 12 incarnations) and his companions (any of them too) — or invent your own Time Lord, new companions, and a new TARDIS — or create a ragtag band of time agents, or even a UNIT base protecting Earth. With the Doctor Who RPG the power is in your hands, and maybe in your Sonic Screwdriver.
There were four titles in this revived offer’s Starter Collection (retail value $60):
- The 2015 edition of the Doctor Who Roleplaying Game based on the Vortex System.
- NEWLY ADDED in this revival! The Time Traveller’s Companion: More about Time Lords, temporal mechanics, and time machines. (If you bought this offer during its original December 2018 run, you automatically received The Time Traveller’s Companion on your Wizard’s Cabinet download page and in your DriveThruRPG Library. When you buy a Bundle of Holding, you never worry about missing a title added later — even much later.)
- All the Strange, Strange Creatures Volume 1: Aliens the Doctor has encountered on his adventures, aliens he has not yet met, and aliens he hopes never to meet again.
- Paternoster Investigations: The sourcebook of Victorian-era adventures and Paternoster Gang campaigns.
- Gamemaster’s Companion: A TARDIS-full of guidance for running Doctor Who RPG adventures, along with three complete scenarios.
- NEW! Defending the Earth – The UNIT Sourcebook: Join the Unified Intelligence Taskforce, Earth’s best defense against myriad alien conquerors. (Again, all purchasers of the original December 2018 offer also received this new addition.)
- The campaign sourcebooks The Black Archive, about UNIT’s researchers of alien artifacts, and The Silurian Age, about dinosaurs in spaceships.
- All of Time and Space Volume 1: A collection of four complete adventures — Ghost Engines, Northern Knights, Schrodinger’s Expedition, and Tomb of Cleopatra.
2. 12 DOCTORS (all-new)This all-new 12 Doctors Bundle presented a dozen Doctor Sourcebooks. Each Sourcebook explores the adventures of one incarnation of the Doctor on Earth and beyond. With detailed information on all the allies, enemies, aliens, and gadgets he encounters, as well as examinations of each of his adventures, each Doctor Sourcebook is also a fact-packed resource for fans of the show.
There were three titles in this offer’s Doctor Sampler (retail value $60) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including The First Doctor Sourcebook as well as the Second and Third. These cover the show’s history from 1963 to 1974, and the actors William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, and Jon Pertwee.
This offer’s Complete Collection added nine more titles worth an additional $180, including the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Doctor Sourcebooks. These nine books cover the show’s history from 1974 to 2017, and the actors Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi.
Two dollars (US$2) of each purchase (after gateway fees) went to these two Doctor Who offers’ designated charity, BBC Children in Need.