In December 2014 we presented a new collection of Mutants & Masterminds 2nd Edition from Green Ronin Publishing. In April 2014 we presented, with great success, the current (2011) Third Edition. But the second edition (2002) still has many fans and a terrific support line — and this Second offer, by far the richest in Bundle of Holding history, presented a LOT of that line.
Our starter collection included DRM-free .PDF ebooks of five titles (retail value $89):
- Mutants & Masterminds 2E (retail $20): From 2002, the complete Mutants & Masterminds 2nd Edition rules — character creation with dozens of templates, villains, and an introduction to the Freedom City setting.
- Beginner’s Guide (retail $4): A 32-page quickstart introduction to Mutants & Masterminds, with simplified character creation and a solo adventure.
- Character Record Folio (retail $6): This thorough 16-page character sheet tracks your hero throughout the campaign.
- Freedom City (retail $20): This impressive sourcebook recounts the official M&M 2nd Edition setting in stunning detail, and gives an overview of the world’s most fantastic reaches and even far-off space.
- Instant Superheroes (retail $15): Archetypes that can be easily customized for players or used as NPCs.
Those who paid more than the threshold price(starting at $21.95) got these TEN bonus supplements (retail value $92):
- Agents of Freedom (retail $13): How to run “agent-level” campaigns, where heroic normals keep the home front safe when the Freedom League’s not around.
- Book of Magic (retail $8): Discover the secret magical side of Freedom City and add four-color magic to your campaign with these Archetypes, NPCs, magical styles.
- Freedom’s Most Wanted (retail $14): Cabals of crooks, criminals, and conquerors who confound the cops and creatively confront your courageous characters!
- Golden Age, Silver Age, and Iron Age (retail #13 apiece): Everything you need to run a campaign starring the first generation of superheroes in the bygone era of the 1930s and ’40s; in the over-the-top four-color era, 1954-72; or on the grim and gritty streets of the ’80s and beyond.
- Hero High (retail $8): Every hero starts somewhere. At Claremont Academy, superhuman teens learn to spread their wings, or equivalent appendages.
- Mastermind’s Manual (retail $16): Excellent advice for the GM, plus countless tweaks, modifications, and house rules that can precisely tune your game.
- Time of Vengeance (retail $8): It’s dark times in this 64-page adventure as mysterious new nemeses unleash terrible plagues on Freedom City.
- Ultimate Power (retail $10): Analyzes the Mutants & Masterminds Powers system so you can create your own powers. The must-have supplement for any M&M campaign.
That’s $181 worth of books! And ten percent of each payment was split evenly between the two charities picked by Green Ronin CEO Chris Pramas: the Center for Justice and Accountability and the House Rabbit Society. (This was the first Bundle offer ever to support a rabbit-related charity. Yes, we were amazed too.)