Originally published in 1989 as Dungeoneer, and now available in a handsome 2011 Second Edition, Advanced Fighting Fantasy is a complete RPG set in the classic Fighting Fantasy world, with a fast and adaptable system ideal for beginners and well suited to long-term campaigns. Captivating artwork (much of it drawn from the gamebooks) enhances the appealing setting, a large and varied fantasyland called Titan. And touchstone locales like Firetop Mountain will bring a smile to every grognard gamer who spent hours happily flipping from one numbered paragraph to the next.
This offer included almost the entire Advanced Fighting Fantasy line — rules, sourcebooks, monsters, magic, and adventures — everything you need for a complete campaign of high adventure in the world of Titan. There were four titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $40):
- Advanced Fighting Fantasy Second Edition (retail price $14): Graham (Maelstrom) Bottley’s completely rewritten RPG (2011) that revises and reorganizes Marc Gascoigne’s original 1989 rules and adds lots of new material.
- Heroes Companion (retail $9): Mass battle rules, loads of new magical styles, wilderness creation, organizations, hirelings, and more.
- The Sorcery Spell Book (retail $6): The AFF version of the grimoire from Steve Jackson’s four-book Sorcery! gamebook series (1983-85).
- Out of the Pit (retail $11): The original, indispensable monster book with 250 loathsome creatures.
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (retail $7): A full-length RPG scenario based on the first and most famous Fighting Fantasy gamebook.
- Titan (retail $11): A 128-page sourcebook about the Fighting Fantasy world. Discover Titan‘s history, kingdoms, and great powers. Includes the Titan Map (retail $3).
- Beyond the Pit (retail $12): Another 250 dangerous and intriguing denizens of Titan.
- Blacksand (retail $11): The City of Thieves, Port Blacksand, is home to rogues and pirates, and a destination for the bravest Heroes. This sourcebook has rules for Firepowder weapons, naval sorcery, and sailing. Includes the Blacksand Map (retail $4).
- Crown of Kings – The Sorcery Campaign (retail $11): A full-length campaign based on Steve Jackon’s four-book Sorcery! series.