7th SEA 2EThe 7th Sea 2E Bundle featured the 2016 Second Edition of game designer John Wick‘s swashbuckling FRPG 7th Sea. The February 2016 7th Sea 2E Kickstarter campaign broke all roleplaying records. This bargain-priced offer included the 2016 7th Sea rulebook and the key supplements you need for daring adventures on land and sea in Theah, a setting of magic and mystery inspired by Europe in the Baroque Era — and the Golden Age of Piracy.
Theah is a world of musketeers, buccaneers, and privateers, ancient sorcery and lost civilizations, secrets that hide in the shadows and monsters that hide in plain sight. Players become heroes thrown into global conspiracies and sinister plots, exploring ancient ruins of a race long vanished, and protecting the rightful kings and queens of Theah from murderous villains. Save the Queen of Avalon from treacherous blackmail! Thwart a dastardly assassination attempt on the Cardinal of Castille! Raid the villainous fleets of Vodacce Merchant Princes! Free the Prince of the Sarmatian Commonwealth from a mysterious curse!
In 7th Sea you are a Hero, an icon of Theah ready to live and die for causes that matter. You bravely take on a dozen thugs with swords, knives, and guns all on your own. You are a trusted knight, a loyal bodyguard, or even an adventuring queen herself. In other words, you are d’Artagnan, Milady de Winter, the Dread Pirate Roberts, Jack Sparrow, Julie d’Aubigny, and the Scarlet Pimpernel all rolled into one. 7th Sea is a game of high adventure, mystery and action, intrigue and romance.
There were six titles in this offer’s Starter Collection (retail value $45) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including the complete full-color 7th Sea 2E core rulebook (retail price $25), the character supplement Heroes & Villains (retail $20), and four free full-color 7th Sea art packs: Heroes, Villains, Nations of Theah: Landscapes, and Nations of Theah: Coat of Arms.
Those who paid more than this offer’s threshold (average) price also got this offer’s entire Bonus Collection with three more supplements worth an additional $60, including Nations of Theah Volume 1 and Volume 2 (retail $20 apiece), plus Pirate Nations (retail $20).
Ten percent of each payment for this offer (after gateway fees) went to Ocean Conservancy.
JOHN WICK PRESENTSSailing side-by-side with the 7th Sea 2E offer went a companion collection with more games by 7th Sea designer John Wick. Our John Wick Presents Bundle gathered many of the fabulously diverse indie RPGs published through his imprint John Wick Presents, including Wicked Fantasy, Houses of the Blooded, Wield, and The Big Book of Little Games (the one with Cat).
There were five titles in this offer’s Starter Collection (retail value $42):
- Wicked Fantasy (retail price $10): Brilliant reimaginings of ten traditional fantasy races, from elves and dwarves to kobolds and ratmen.
- Houses of the Blooded (retail $10): Intrigue, passion, and forbidden delights in a decadent culture obsessed with Romance and Revenge. Includes Josh Roby’s expansion Coronets But Never Crowns (retail $6), which adds what you might call “family values.”
- Wield (retail $6): You play an ancient, powerful weapon, and the heroes you wield are disposable hit points.
- Play Dirty 15th Anniversary Edition (retail $10): The controversial columns of dishonest and dastardly gamemaster advice from Pyramid magazine.
- The Big Book of Little Games (retail $13): A dozen small gems about everything from spies to soap operas. Includes Cat, where you protect your human owner from menaces only you can see.
- Wicked Fantasy Companion (retail $8): A massive expansion of the Wicked Fantasy races with conversion advice for Savage Worlds and Dungeon World.
- Blood & Honor (retail $8): A new way to play Houses of the Blooded — as samurai in Old Japan.
- The Wield Companion (retail $5): New settings and domains for your super-weapons to exploit.
- The Shotgun Diaries (retail $3): John Wick’s zombie survival horror RPG — fast, easy to use, and horrifying.
- The Aegis Project (retail $8): An epic science fiction game played across three eras that span five centuries.
- NEW! Wilderness (retail $8): Frontier adventure for companies of low-caste veth who seek to join the ruling Blooded.
- NEWER! Play Dirty 2 – Even Dirtier (retail $10): A sequel book with still more gamemastering advice to make your characters’ deaths all the sweeter.