For decades Traveller designer Marc W. Miller has licensed many publishers to create new material and even new rules systems for Traveller. From 2002 to 2009, licensee QuikLink Interactive adapted Traveller to the d20 System as Traveller20 (T20), supporting it with extensive source material usable with both T20 and Classic Traveller. Most of these supplements describe the official T20 setting, the Gateway Domain (four sectors at the Trailing edge of the Third Imperium galactic empire) in the “Golden Age” (circa Imperial year 993, about a century before Classic Traveller).
This revival gathered much of the T20 line: the core rulebook (and the d20 System Reference Document SRD-3), the player’s handbook, vehicle and equipment guides, starship deck plans, and lots of setting material. It’s everything you need for a complete campaign in the Gateway Domain using the Traveller20 or Classic Traveller rules.
There were fifteen titles in this revival’s Player Collection (retail value $87) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- T20 Traveller’s Guidebook: The player’s handbook for Traveller20, with character creation and combat rules. We also included the complete d20 System Reference Document SRD-3.
- Four Traveller’s Aide guides: TA1 Personal Weapons of Charted Space and three vehicle guides — TA3 On the Ground, TA6 Against Gravity, and TA8 Through the Waves. These compendia of weaponry and vehicles include game statistics for both Traveller20 and Classic Traveller.
- Revelation Station: A small orbital waystation that serves as an ideal base for player characters travelling the jump routes.
- Eight sets of ship deck plans: Scout/Courier (Type S) and Golden Age Ships 1-7 — a comprehensive collection of game maps for many kinds of civilian spacecraft travelling the Imperium.
- NEW IN THIS REVIVAL! Objects of the Mind: The theft of ancient artifacts leads to a confrontation with the Psionics Institute. (If you purchased this offer during its original March 2017 run, you’ll find Objects of the Mind on your Wizard’s Cabinet download page.)
- Traveller’s Handbook: The complete three-volume Traveller20 d20-based core rules set, with all the Guidebook content plus worldbuilding rules, campaign advice, and lots more. Includes many useful forms and sector maps.
- Gateway to Destiny: A large campaign supplement set in the official Traveller20 setting, the Domain of Gateway, four sectors on the Trailing edge of the Imperium.
- Linkworlds Cluster and Traveller20 Referee Screen: A 48-page mini-campaign in the Gateway Domain, plus useful reference charts.
- The Sydymic Outworlds Cluster: A deeper look at six worlds in the Gateway Domain. Includes “The Mahkahraik,” an expanded description of one of the cluster’s minor races.
- Two Traveller’s Aide ship guides: TA7 Fighting Ships and TA9 Fighting Ships of the Solomani describe the military vessels travellers meet in the Gateway and beyond.
- Epic Adventures 1-3: EPIC-1 Stoner Express, EPIC-2 Into the Glimmer Drift, and EPIC-3 Chimera — a trio of missions in the Glimmerdrift Reaches for the hapless crew of the scout ship Broadside of a Barn.
- TA4 76 Gunmen: Ready-to-run pregenerated characters for every referee in a hurry.
- EPIC-7 Merc Heaven: Six mercenary tickets (missions) on a wartorn world in the Outworld subsector.
A few Traveller web resourcesThere are more Traveller pages on the web than worlds in the Spinward Marches. A few starting points:
- Far Future Enterprises, where Traveller designer Marc W. Miller sells the entire product line
- Traveller Downport — meet us back here in an hour
- Traveller Map: Joshua Bell’s amazing, meticulously researched and documented interactive map of Charted Space
- Freelance Traveller
- The SFRPG and Citizens of the Imperium discussion forums