Pinnacle has run many successful Kickstarters to fund new Savage Worlds settings, and over time the company has refined these crowdfunding efforts to a fine edge. Each campaign funds a well-conceived package of core setting book, pregen characters, adventure, play aids, and freebies. The space-opera comic Fear Agent™ by Rick Remender and Tony Moore spawned an RPG setting funded in a March 2017 Kickstarter that ran in parallel with another Kickstarter adapting The Goon,™ the zombie-robot-changeling noir comic by Eric Powell. Earlier, Pinnacle ran a May 2015 Kickstarter to fund its RPG adaptation of the Weird West comic The Sixth Gun® by Cullen Bunn & Brian Hurtt. Most venerable of these settings (and predating Kickstarter’s rise) is the 2007 The Savage World of Solomon Kane, based on Robert E. Howard’s wandering Puritan monster-hunter.
There were five reulebooks in our Corebook Collection (retail value $75):
- Fear Agent™: A pulp space odyssey with horror, military action, old-fashioned ass-kicking, and revenge, not necessarily in that order.
- The Goon™: Zombie-robot-changeling noir with Franky, Doc Alloy, Fishy Pete, Merle the Werewolf, and the rest of the Goon’s tough-as-leather crime syndicate.
- The Sixth Gun®: Cutthroat Weird-West historical fantasy about six otherworldly pistols and the rogues, gadflies, and scoundrels who seek them.
- The Savage World of Solomon Kane: Robert E. Howard’s Puritan wanderer has passed the torch to a new group of holy warriors who fight globe-spanning evil.
- And as we often have with our many past Savage Worlds offers, we include the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer’s Edition rulebook.
- For Fear Agent: Its Archetypes pregenerated characgters, Creature Cards, GM Screen Inserts, and the adventure Feeding Time
- For The Goon: Its Archetypes, Creature Cards, GM Screen Inserts, and the adventure The Great Bollaire Street Block Party
- For The Sixth Gun: The Sixth Gun Companion, plus the Custom GM Screen, Figure Flats, and the adventure The Winding Way
- For Solomon Kane: The worldbook The Path of Kane, Savage Foes of Solomon Kane, and Solomon Kane: Traveler’s Tales (adventures)