In the centuries after the Weird West game’s alternate history of 1876, horrific other-dimensional entities called the Reckoners fomented warfare and destruction across the American West and the world. In 2081 a devastating Last War released evil spirits and arcane energy, making the entire world a Deadland — but the Reckoners’s own machinations trapped them here on the toxic, irradiated Earth. Now, in 2094, the heroes of the Wasted West try to reclaim the land and destroy the Reckoners.
Compatible with the original 1996 Deadlands Classic and the recent Deadlands 20th Anniversary Edition, Hell on Earth replaces the Weird West’s mad scientists and hucksters with many new and revised player character types: radslinging Doomsayers, brain-burning sykers, scavenging tech-wizard junkers, the Harrowed (walking dead), and righteous Templars. The eclectic post-apocalyptic setting permits wide-ranging and wild campaigns right out of Mad Max, Damnation Alley, Terminator, and Akira. The game’s metaplot introduced an unexpected extraterrestrial element: a space colony, Faraway, founded in 2044 by Helstromme Industries and then stranded after the Last War on Earth. This storyline spawned the third Deadlands game, Lost Colony (2002).
Pinnacle later adapted Hell on Earth for the d20 System and, as Hell on Earth Reloaded, for Savage Worlds. This all-new collection presented almost every book in the 1998 HoE Classic line in pristine .PDF scans with crisp text and artwork. (Iron Oasis is an image scan of lower quality.)
There were eleven titles in our Player Collection (retail value $56) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- The complete 225-page Deadlands: Hell on Earth Classic core rulebook, plus the Toxic Tales character journal
- The Wasted West worldbook
- No less than eight character guides: Brainburners (sykers), Children of the Atom (radiation priests), Cyborgs, The Junkman Cometh (tech-wizards), The Last Crusaders, Road Warriors, Spirit Warriors (toxic shamans), and Waste Warriors
- Monsters, Muties, & Misfits
- Four location sourcebooks: City o’ Sin (Las Vegas), Denver, Iron Oasis, and Shattered Coast
- Four adventures: The Boise Horror, Hell or High Water, Something About a Sword, and Urban Renewal
- Four figure sets: Starter, Horrors of the Wasted West, Road Wars, and The Combine
- The Hell on Earth Radiation Screen (GM screen) and the introductory adventure “Apocalypse Now!”