Unlike past Fate offers that presented games from many publishers, this Bundle of Fate 5 was contributed entirely from Evil Hat Productions. The fountainhead of Fate, Evil Hat launched the system in 2003 as a collection of house rules for FUDGE, then used it to underpin Spirit of the Century (2006) and many subsequent games. In a five-year Patreon campaign (shuttered in June 2019), Evil Hat Productions funded a line of 45 Fate Adventures & Worlds .PDFs that provided compact, rich settings with ready-to-go adventures for GMs in a pinch. This bargain-priced collection gathered eight of those Worlds of Fate, plus the rulebooks for Tachyon Squadron, Uprising, Shadow of the Century, the Horror Toolkit, and more.
There were ten titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $30.50) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- The Venture City Superpunk Sourcebook, a near-future dystopia of corporate-sponsored superheroes. (This is a different, greatly expanded version of Venture City Stories in the November 2015 Bundle of Fate 3.)
- From the May 2014 Spirit of the Century Bundle we’re bringing back Strange Tales of the Century, and this offer adds its recent 1980s-era continuation, Shadow of the Century.
- Alongside Strange Tales of the Century we also revive the companion Pulp Hall of Fame by pulp historian Jess Nevins. Cut for space from Strange Tales, this 77-page mini-encyclopedia lists 200 of the most significant characters from the pulp era. The Pulp Hall of Fame debuted in the Bundle of Holding and is not sold anywhere else.
- Four installments in Evil Hat’s long-running Worlds of Adventure series of setting mini-sourcebooks: Weird World News, Ngen Mapu, Til Dawn, and Wolf’s Head.
- …And this offer, like each previous Bundle of Fate, added the Fate Core and Fate Accelerated Edition rulebooks.
- The military space-opera setting Tachyon Squadron and three of its supplements (Starfighter Academy, Those Who Were Here Before, and Inside the Dominion of Unity).
- Uprising: The Dystopian Universe RPG, the standalone Fate game set in the same universe as the popular board and card games The Resistance, Coup, and One Night Revolution from Indie Boards & Cards — plus the new Uprising expansion Revolutionary Messages.
- The Fate Horror Toolkit.
- Four more Worlds of Adventure: Nitrate City, Red Planet, The Crisp Line, and Iron Street Combat.