For this revival we added new titles to both lineups — and if you bought an offer during its earlier runs, you received that offer’s newly added titles automatically on your Wizard’s Cabinet download page on the Bundle of Holding site and in your DriveThruRPG Library. When you buy a Bundle of Holding offer, you never worry about missing titles added later — even much later.
This was our customers’ last chance to get these two bargain-priced Bundle of Holding offers before Cubicle 7 ceases publishing the One Ring game line in 2020. Between them, these two offers encompassed the entire C7 TOR line.
1. THE ONE RING [from Oct 2015]Previously revived twice before (in November 2016 and December 2017), The One Ring Bundle had the core rules and key supplements. There were four titles in this revived offer’s Starter Collection (retail value $83) as DRM-free .PDFs, including the complete The One Ring Roleplaying Game core rules, the Loremaster’s Screen and Lake-town Guide, and two titles previously presented in the companion One Ring +2 collection (December 2017): the Adventurer’s Companion and Journeys and Maps. (Again, if you bought this offer during any earlier run, you also got these newly added titles.)
Those who paid more than this revival’s threshold (average) price also got this offer’s entire Bonus Collection with four more titles worth an additional $84, including Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan’s epic campaign The Darkening of Mirkwood and its accompanying supplement Heart of the Wild, plus the Rivendell location guide and the adventure collection Tales from Wilderland.
2. ONE RING JOURNEYS
This December 2017 companion collection was originally titled “The One Ring +2.” But the idea of a +2 modifier on Sauron’s One Ring — urgh, that just bugged us. This revival’s newly expanded lineup, which added recent location guides for Rohan and Bree, got a new name to emphasize its wide range: “One Ring Journeys.”
[formerly The One Ring +2, Dec 2017]
There were three titles in this revived offer’s Starter Collection (retail value $83), including Horse-Lords of Rohan, Erebor – The Lonely Mountain, and Ruins of the North.
This offer’s Bonus Collection had three more titles worth an additional $63, all newly added for this revival: the wide-ranging adventure collection The Laughter of Dragons, the Bree location guide, and a collection of Rohan adventures, Oaths of the Riddermark. (And, to repeat: If you purchased this offer during its original December 2017 run, you automatically got all three of these newly added titles.)
Ten percent of each payment (after gateway fees) went to these two One Ring revivals’ designated charity, Ocean Conservancy.
The One Ring resources
- Online TOR character generator (Azrapse.es)
- Online TOR dice roller (Arc Dream Publishing)
- Other Minds, an unofficial magazine about roleplaying in Middle-earth
- May 2018 RPGgeek forum post, “C7 TOR Resources (repost)“
“The One Ring,” “Middle-earth,” “The Hobbit,” “The Lord of the Rings,” and the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises and are used under license by Sophisticated Games Ltd and their respective licensees. All rights reserved.