There were four titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $52):
- Cryptomancer (Land of NOP, retail price $10): Fantasy meets information security in this huge game of magical hacking.
- Stalker RPG (Burger Games, retail $12): Finnish designer Ville Vuorela’s SFRPG based on the Strugatsky Brothers’ novel Roadside Picnic.
- Mortal Coil (Galileo Games, retail $10): Brennan Taylor’s seminal 2008 story game of collaborative magic and the supernatural.
- Goblin Quest (Serious Business, retail $20): Play five inept goblins (probably in quick succession) in Grant Howitt’s mayhem-filled cross between PARANOIA and Itchy and Scratchy.
- Worlds in Peril (Samjoko Publishing, retail $15): Superhero roleplaying Powered by the Apocalypse.
- Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes (Fearlight Games, retail $20): A very inventive game of Victorian mystery and investigation.
- Fellowship (Liberi Gothica Games, retail $16): Inverse World designer Jacob Randolph brings us this Dungeon World variant of heroes journeying to defeat an Evil Overlord.
- The Ninja Crusade (Third Eye Games, retail $15): Eloy Lasanta’s new edition of high-flying Wu Xing martial-arts action.
- You Are the Hero: A History of Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks (Snowbooks Ltd, retail $13): Jonathan Green’s exhaustive and gorgeously illustrated chronicle of the 1980s gamebook craze.