In June 2015 we presented the Freeport Bundle, an all-inclusive ticket to Freeport, the original D20/OGL pirate-horror-fantasy City of Adventure from Green Ronin Publishing.
Freeport is a place of grubby action and desperate adventure, where the supernatural is real but not easily controlled, where crime and greed have more sway than curses and spells, where pirates may be more dangerous than monsters, and where you live on rum and sea biscuits, not waybread and nectar. It’s horror. It’s fantasy. It’s high adventure. It’s low comedy. It’s piracy and black magic and sunken cities and mad alchemists and thievery and evil cults and political corruption and gang warfare and suspicious lumps in your fish pie. It’s the City of Adventure. No lie.
Classic fantasy elements, cruel-hearted pirates, and Lovecraftian horror converge in the rum-fueled metropolis known as the City of Adventure. The premier city setting of the D20 System, Freeport debuted in August 2000 in the ENnie- and Origins Award-winning adventure Death in Freeport. Many sourcebooks and adventures followed, along with conversions for Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, and other systems. (We offered the Fate Freeport Companion in our November 2014 Bundle of Fate +2.) This offer presented the original D20-based books with everything you need to run your own D&D 3.x or OGL-based fantasy campaign in the City of Adventure.
Our Starter Collection (retail value $47) included these three titles as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Pirate’s Guide to Freeport (retail price $19) and Freeport Companion – 3rd Era (retail $16): The original system-free guide, along with its companion collection of D20 stats.
- Creatures of Freeport (retail $12): A collection of monsters and animals uniquely suited to Freeport and environs.
- Buccaneers of Freeport (retail $10): Eight pirates, corsairs, and freebooters presented in lavish detail. This system-free sourcebook includes a companion collection of D20 stats.
- Cults of Freeport (retail $10): Eight loathsome conspiracies that haunt the city’s lowest and highest reaches. Also system-free, with a companion D20 collection.
- Black Sails Over Freeport (retail $17.50): A mega-adventure to prevent a lost evil god from rising again and destroying Freeport.
- Freeport Trilogy Five-Year Anniversary Edition (retail $8): The three original adventures that launched the setting — Death, Terror, and Madness in Freeport — updated with new material for the 3.5 rules.
- Crisis in Freeport (retail $8.50): An adventure of turbulent political machinations for character levels 7-9.